- Review Georgia State University’s Guidelines and Procedures for International Partnership Agreements.
- Decide on the extent of the relationship or collaboration – this will determine the type of international agreement to be initiated. The Summary of Types and Purposes of GSU International Partnership Agreements provides a good overview.
- Check GSU’s International Partnership Agreements Database to determine if an agreement with the institution is already in place.
- Review role of GSU’s support units and the university approval process. Consult with relevant GSU units especially where the collaboration involves student, faculty and research programs.
- Download applicable agreement template and draft the agreement.
- Submit draft agreement to International Partnerships & Agreements.
- Use the Track Pending Agreements Tool to track the progress of your agreement.
- Contact the Office of International Initiatives’ (OII) International Partnerships & Agreements at 404-413-2552 or via e-mail for questions, additional guidance and support.
Refer to the Program Director's Checklist for guidance on details to be included in your agreement.
- Use of Program-Specific Agreements
Program-Specific Agreements should be developed for student and faculty exchange programs, academic programs, collaborative research, technical cooperation/assistance programs and other agreements establishing programs or projects. This format is necessary in order to document details of the partnership, and to serve as a resource guide to aid support and problem-solving for individual programs/projects.