Now in its fourth year, the Summer Institute is a four-week program designed specifically for international students. Students live in on-campus housing and attend Georgia State classes. All students take two three-credit courses. Please see the course listing for this summer’s offerings.
Top Reasons to Attend the Summer Institute:
- Earn credits toward graduation
- Strengthen your reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills in English
- Thrive in an English-speaking environment
- Learn how to plan for your future studies in the U.S.
- Experience U.S. culture, including the 4th of July
- Visit top attractions in Atlanta and the southeast U.S.
- World of Coca-Cola
- Centennial Olympic Park
- Center for Disease Control
- Georgia Aquarium
- Margaret Mitchell House (author of Gone With the Wind)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site
- Six Flags theme park
- North Georgia mountains
- Beautiful and historic Savannah, Georgia
- Explore the U.S. on your own from Atlanta’s airport (a Delta hub)
- Washington, D.C., Chicago, or Miami (2 hours)
- New York or Boston (3 hours)
- Los Angeles (5 hours)