Summer Institute Scholarship
The Summer Institute Scholarship is open to all international student participants in the 2017 Summer Institute and is designed to promote diversity and provide opportunities for high-achieving students who may not otherwise be able to participate in the Summer Institute.
The $2,100 scholarship will cover the program fee, insurance, room and flexible meal plan for selected winners. Scholarship winners will be responsible for paying the remaining balance for in-state tuition and fees and housing deposit via their Georgia State University student account (plus airfare, visa fees, and personal expenses).
Scholarships are limited in number and will be awarded based on applicants’ short-answer responses describing their:
- Need (financial or otherwise) for the scholarship
- Interest in and enthusiasm for studying at Georgia State University’s Summer Institute
- Interest in and willingness to serve in a leadership role while in the Summer Institute
- Previous international study or travel experience*
*Preference will be given to students with little or no international experience.
At the conclusion of the program, scholarship recipients are expected to submit a brief written description of what the scholarship meant to them.
Note: Georgia State University reserves the right to award all, some or none of the scholarship funds.
Applications are due March 15
- March 15: Application deadline
- March 22: Successful applicants notified via email of an award
- March 29: Deadline to accept/decline award via email to firstname.lastname@example.org