Program Details & Deadlines
The Summer Institute offers international students a unique opportunity to experience life on an American campus.
June 30 – August 1, 2017. Please visit the Application Instructions tab for application deadlines. Note that the following schedule is subject to change.
June 30: Arrive in Atlanta
July 3: Orientation
July 4: National holiday / Fireworks at Centennial Olympic Park
July 5: Classes begin
July 26: Final exams begin
August 1: Program ends
Weekends are free for CityPass excursions, shopping, or travel on your own.
What Does the Program Fee Include?
The 2017 program fee is $4,700. (Airfare and visa fees are not included.)
- In-state tuition & fees
- Flexible meal plan
- Medical insurance
- Transportation and excursions
- “Breeze Card” for local transportation
- Transportation to/from airport, plus two trips to local attractions
- Admission to Atlanta attractions, which may include
- World of Coca-Cola
- Georgia Aquarium
- High Museum of Art
- Zoo Atlanta
- Stone Mountain Park
- GSU PantherCard
- Access to Recreation Center, Library, and other GSU facilities.
Application Instructions and Deadlines
Applying to the Summer Institute is easy! Follow the instructions below to submit your application today. For questions, please contact the Office of International Initiatives at email@example.com.
Priority application deadline is March 1.
- February 1: Online application opens.
- March 1: Priority application deadline. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis after this date.
- March 15: Pay the $450 deposit online through Flywire as an International Wire Transfer. Visit gsu.edu/summerinstitute for more details. Note: in order to pay your deposit online, you need your Georgia State student ID number. You will receive this after your application has been processed by our Admissions team.
- March 15: Complete International Student & Scholar Services required documents for your student visa. Visit gsu.edu/summerinstitute for more information.
- May 1: Submit Certificate of Immunization form to the Office of International Initiatives at firstname.lastname@example.org.