Faculty Associate for Virtual Exchange Position
Georgia State University’s Office of International Initiatives invites applications for the Faculty Associate for Virtual Exchange. This position reports to the Associate Provost for International Initiatives.
The position is open to both tenure-stream and non-tenure stream faculty with full-time appointments in one of the academic units at Georgia State.
Candidates must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, excellent judgment, and strategic vision. Experience with international Virtual Exchange and/or international programs is desired. A record of administrative experience is preferred but not required.
The Faculty Associate provides leadership for expanding Virtual Exchange opportunities at Georgia State, with an emphasis on scaling and sustaining this high-impact teaching and learning practice that connects students from different cultures to collaborate virtually on academic projects. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Recruiting and training both Georgia State faculty and their international partners,
- Initiating and implementing small grant programs to encourage Virtual Exchange expansion,
- Supporting university-wide learning community/interest groups.
- Serving as a point of contact for international partners,
- Helping to identify grant opportunities and assisting with grant writing,
- Participating in efforts to assess the impact of Virtual Exchange on students’ skills, such as global/intercultural fluency and indicators of academic success,
- Overseeing data management of the Virtual Exchange initiative documenting growth, participation by faculty and colleges, number of projects, and global partners,
- Disseminating information on Virtual Exchange internally to university stakeholders,
- Representing Georgia State’s program in the growing Virtual Exchange field, including publishing results of assessment efforts, presenting at professional meetings, and participating in professional organizations, and
- Supervising two Virtual Exchange Faculty Fellows.
The Faculty Associate for Virtual Exchange is supported by administrative staff in the Office of International Initiatives.
Commitment and Compensation
The Faculty Associate for Virtual Exchange will serve in this capacity at 50% effort from May 2023 through June 2024, and at a reduced workload from March to April 2023. The Faculty Associate will be bought out of half their teaching load for AY 2023/24 and will be expected to negotiate their remaining teaching schedule with their department chair/director. Colleges will receive funds to replace the Faculty Associate at the PTI (Part-Time Instructor) rate. We encourage both academic and fiscal year faculty to apply for the position. We anticipate offering an administrative stipend on the selected employee’s base salary beginning in March 2023 and running through June 2024, with adjustments to account for summer payroll nuances if an academic year faculty member is selected.
Applicants should submit 1) A letter of interest detailing their professional accomplishments, future goals, and vision for expanding Virtual Exchange at Georgia State, 2) their curriculum vitae, and 3) a letter of support from their immediate supervisor. Applications can be submitted electronically (as PDF documents) to [email protected] with the subject line: Faculty Associate for Virtual Exchange Application. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To ensure consideration, submit all materials by February 15, 2023. Interviews will take place in February 2023.