Faculty Cohort Training
Cohort Training is a customizable professional development program for groups of scholars or staff interested in additional field-based training. Groups are paired with corresponding departments at Georgia State University based on participants’ field or topic of interest. Scholars will in engage with recognized faculty and staff to gain career related skills. Each cohort also has the opportunity to participate in language training and cultural immersion. The program can be tailored to fit the goals, length of stay, and cultural experience desired by each cohort.
- Be master’s, PhD, or postdoc students, hold a master’s or PhD, or be employed by an institution, company, or university coming as a cohort.
- Have an interest in learning about the U.S. educational system while collaborating on research and projects with Georgia State University faculty.
- Meet J-1 visa requirements, including English language proficiency and proof of financial support.
- Participate in hands on in-depth training
- Co-create solutions to your group’s unique challenges
- Build a learning network with others in your field
- Deepen connections with colleagues to enhance collaboration
Cohort training optionally includes Intensive English Program course(s) focusing on writing and oral communication as well as weekly individual/group tutoring sessions. Program participants also have access to MANGO, the Center for International Resources and Collaborative Language Engagement (CIRCLE) making language-learning software available to the scholars.
- Visits to Atlanta attractions using CityPASSes (Ticket books) provided by the program
- Travel opportunities within the region and across the United States
- Weekly cultural events coordinated by the Intensive English Program
- Monthly Lunch and Learn with the Faculty Mentoring Program
- Access to numerous campus events
Program Coordination & Services
Georgia State University’s Office of International Initiatives will coordinate Cohort Training with the visiting scholar and/or the international institution’s relevant office and Georgia State host departments. Services include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination of admission and visa application (English language proficiency interviews, International Student and Scholar Services application and fees, invitation letters, etc.).
- Logistical support for airport pick-up and drop-off.
- Orientation and farewell events.
- Program evaluations and final program report to sponsoring institution if needed.
- Access to university resources and services including, Library, Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning & Online Education, Writing Studio, and language software.
- Visits to attractions including The Coca-Cola Museum, CNN, and the Georgia Aquarium.
- Intensive English Program course(s) and weekly individual and group tutoring sessions
- Recreation Center access
Please Note: Airfare, visa fees, and mandatory medical insurance are not included. Housing may be included based on program configuration. Applying to the program does not guarantee the issuance of a visa. Issuance of a visa is managed by the U.S. Department of State.
Program Cost & Duration
This is a customizable program. Please request a quote based on your group’s needs. For more information, please contact email@example.com.