International activities are diverse and varied and to that extent, there are diverse grants and funding sources at Georgia State can be funded through various funders. International grant opportunities can be directly or indirectly aligned to funders priorities and as such may be easy or challenging to find.
Georgia State University recognizes the importance of funding for achieving its Goal 5 of its strategic goals and has set aside seed funds to facilitate faculty and staff’s efforts to leverage external funding for research, technical assistance and projects, activities that foster academic, policy and civic engagements that contribute to its student learning and success.
Following are resources for leveraging funding.
To access notes from a FIPE grant workshop hosted through our office, please click here.
Looking for help with research and support in the pursuit of international grant funding by subject area? University Librarians offer assistance in these areas. Click here to search for Librarians by subject area.
The Office of Sponsored Proposals and Awards (OSPA) provides assistance for projects sponsored by the federal government, not-for-profit agencies, and state or local governments.
Georgia State University provides funding opportunities for faculty scholarship, including grants for travel to conferences, conducting scholarly research, and visiting scholars programs.
Click here for more information.
United States Government Agencies
- Fulbright Distinguished Chairs Program
- Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program
- Fulbright International Education Administrators Program
- Fulbright Scholar-in-Residence Program
- Fulbright Specialist Program
- Fulbright Teacher Exchange Program
- Fulbright Visiting Specialists Program: Direct Access to the Muslim World
- U.S. Fulbright Scholar Program
- Visiting Fulbright Scholar Programs
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program
- Office of Postsecondary Education
- FIPSE Comprehensive Program
- European Union-United States Atlantis Program
- Program for North American Mobility in Higher Education
- United States-Brazil Higher Education Consortia Program
- United States-Russia Program: Improving Research and Educational Activities in Higher Education
- Higher Education Programs (HEP)
- International Initiatives Office
- American Overseas Research Centers
- Business and International Education
- Centers for International Business Education
- Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships
- Institute for International Public Policy
- International Research and Studies
- Language Resource Centers
- National Resource Centers
- Technological Innovation and Cooperation for Foreign Information Access
- Undergraduate International Studies and Foreign Language Program
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
National Science Foundation (NSF)
- American Council of Learned Societies
- Council on International Educational Exchange
- Earthwatch: Center for Field Research
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- International Research and Exchange Board (IREX)
- National Academy of Sciences (NAS)
- Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
- Asia Foundation
- ATT Foundation
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- BIRD Foundation
- CarEth Foundation
- Charles Stewart Mott Foundation
- The Coca-Cola Foundation
- Conservation, Food, and Health Foundation
- Eurasia Foundation
- Ford Foundation
- Foundation Center
- General Electric Fund
- Gladys Kreible Delmas Foundation
- Goizueta Foundation