Click here for step by step application instructions.
Georgia State University’s (GSU) Online Summer Program gives international students the chance to take 1 or 2 courses (3 or 6 credit hours), participate in cultural workshops, and build long-lasting connections with Georgia State students right from their own homes.
ServicesThe Office of International Initiatives provides the following services:
1. Admissions into the university and enrollment into courses.
2. Online Orientation.
3. Pre and post-program support with GSU processes, services, and technology.
4. Bi-weekly check-ins with professors and students to help students succeed.
5. Online cultural activities.
6. Surveys to ensure program satisfaction.
Courses & Credits
Each course is led by experienced faculty using creative online teaching techniques. Additionally, the credits are transferable to other schools in the U.S. or they can be applied to a degree at GSU. Course topics include Art, Biology, Criminal Justice, Economics, English, History, Political Science, Psychology, Public Speaking, Sociology, and more. See the full course list here.
Note: Classes will be held in an asynchronous format and will not take place everyday Monday – Friday. Class schedules vary based on the course selected.
Workshops & ActivitiesOnline students will have the chance to participate in fun interactive virtual cultural workshops with their peers around the world and GSU students. During the workshops, students will learn more about American culture and daily life. See the calendar here.
Global Ambassador Program (GAP)GAP Ambassadors are GSU students who will meet with online students virtually to practice English, participate in workshops, and answer questions about GSU or the U.S. This program allows students to build life-long friendships despite the distance. Learn more here.
- Access to the internet during the program.
- Document to prove English Language Proficiency: TOEFL 69, IELTS 6, or other approved English language test. Duolingo score of 95 followed by an interview will also be accepted.
- Valid passport, or other form of government-issued identification if students do not have a passport. All documents should be in English or accompanied by an official translation.
- Transient Request Letter signed by the registrar or academic dean at your current institution recommending you as a transient student.
Apply for Online Summer Program
- Before May 15: Full refund of any money you have paid (MINUS the $100 non-refundable deposit).
- May 15: No refunds will be issued after May 15.