Sheth International Alumni
Award for Exceptional AchievementThe application closed October 2, 2018. Click here for the application to the Sheth International Alumni Award for Exceptional Achievement
Established by the associate provost for International Initiatives in 2018 with a generous gift from Dr. Jagdish and Mrs. Madhuri Sheth, this award recognizes Georgia State University’s distinguished international alumni. One award will be presented each year at the annual International Honorary Reception during International Education Week. The award covers accommodations and travel for the recipient to attend the recognition ceremony at Georgia State University. Nominators must be affiliated with Georgia State University (faculty, staff, or students).
Consideration for this award shall be given to alumni applicants who:
- Have received a degree from Georgia State University (in exceptional cases, attendance without a degree may be considered).
- Were enrolled as an international student during the time he/she was enrolled at Georgia State University (i.e. a citizen of a country other than the United States and on a visa).
- Are not currently a member of Georgia State University’s faculty, staff, or Board of Trustees.
- Must be highly distinguished in their business, profession, or life’s work, either internationally or nationally, in their own country.
- Must be of such stature and accomplishment that students, faculty, and staff of the Georgia State University campus will take pride in and be inspired by their recognition.
- Must be individuals whose contributions to humanity, science, art, or human welfare have helped the citizens of their country and/or the global population.
- Must be individuals whose life activities reflect the importance of their education at Georgia State University.
- Completed online Nomination Application (required documents may be uploaded through the form)
- Narrative describing the alumni applicant’s qualities, achievements, and work, and how these reflect the award criteria (up to three pages)
- Alumni applicant’s résumé/CV
- Two letters of support from individuals other than the nominator
- Self-nominations will not be accepted
- Nominators must be affiliated with Georgia State University (faculty, staff, or students)
- Nominators cannot nominate a single candidate for multiple International Education Awards
- Example #1: If you nominate an alum for this award, you cannot nominate the alum for additional International Education Awards (Georgia State University Sheth Distinguished Faculty Award for International Achievement, Georgia State University Faculty Award for Global Engagement, Georgia State University Staff Award for Global Engagement, etc.)
- Example #2: A single alum can be nominated for multiple International Education Awards as long as he/she is nominated by different individuals for each award
The recipient will receive the following:
- Inaugural Georgia State University Sheth International Alumni Award for Exceptional Achievement
- Accommodations and travel expenses to attend the International Honorary Reception on Thursday, November 15 at Georgia State University
August 14, 2018
Extended to September 28, 2018
Subject heading: Sheth International Alumni Award for Exceptional Achievement
All 2018 International Education Award Recipients will be honored at the invitation-only International Honorary Reception on Thursday, November 15 at Georgia State University.The application closed October 2, 2018. Click here for the application to the Sheth International Alumni Award for Exceptional Achievement
Biography of Professor Jagdish Sheth
Professor Jagdish Sheth is the Charles H. Kellstadt Professor of Marketing at Emory University Goizueta Business School.
He is known nationally and internationally for his scholarly contributions in consumer behavior, relationship marketing, competitive strategy, and geopolitical analysis. Professor Sheth has over 50 years of combined experience in teaching and research at the University of Southern California, the University of Illinois, Columbia University, MIT, and Emory University.
Throughout his career, Professor Sheth has offered hundreds of presentations in at least 20 countries. He has also provided consulting for numerous companies in the United States, Europe, and Asia. His client list includes AT&T, BellSouth, Cox Communications, Delta, Ernst & Young, Ford, GE, Lucent Technologies, Motorola, Nortel, Pillsbury, Sprint, Square D, 3M, Whirlpool, and others. Professor Sheth has also served on the Board of Directors of several public companies including Norstan, Cryo-Cell International, and Wipro Limited.
Professor Sheth’s accolades include “Outstanding Marketing Educator,” an award presented by the Academy of Marketing Science, and the “Outstanding Educator” award twice-presented by Sales and Marketing Executives International. Professor Sheth is also the recipient of all four top awards given by the American Marketing Association: the Richard D. Irwin Distinguished Marketing Educator Award, the Charles Coolidge Parlin Award, the P.D. Converse Award for outstanding contributions to theory in marketing, and the William Wilkie Award for marketing for a better society.
Professor Sheth is a Distinguished Fellow of the Academy of Marketing Science, Fellow of the American Psychological Association (APA), and a recipient of a Distinguished Fellow award from the International Engineering Consortium. He has authored or coauthored several hundreds of articles and several books including Clients for Life, Tectonic Shift, Firms of Endearment, Chindia Rising, The 4 As of Marketing, Breakout Strategies for Emerging Markets, and most recently, The Sustainability Edge.
Click here for more information on The Sheth Family Foundation’s endowment to recognize international alumni and distinguished faculty at Georgia State University.The application closed October 2, 2018. Click here for the application to the Sheth International Alumni Award for Exceptional Achievement