Sheth Distinguished Faculty Award For International Achievement
The Sheth Distinguished Faculty Award for International Achievement recognizes a Georgia State University faculty member who has an exemplary and longstanding record of achievement in teaching, research or public service in the international arena.
One award will be presented each year at the annual International Honorary Reception during International Education Week. Nominators must be affiliated with the university (i.e. faculty, staff or students) to submit an award nomination.
An eligible faculty member:
- Is a current full-time faculty member at Georgia State University or Georgia State Perimeter College who has held faculty status for at least five years.
- Has a significant record of achievement and recognition for international work at the university that inspires students, faculty and staff.
- Has produced contributions to humanity, science, art or human welfare that have made a positive impact internationally.
Faculty Nominee Example
- Faculty nominee mentored international students at Georgia State that have international leadership roles.
- Faculty nominee’s research, service or teaching created societal impact (i.e. policy changes) in another country
- Faculty nominee received international recognition for work.
- Submit the nomination form, résumé/CV, and 2 letters of support by March 24, 2023.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominators must be affiliated with Georgia State (faculty, staff or students).
- Nominators cannot nominate a single candidate for multiple International Education Awards.
- Example #1: If you nominate a faculty member for this award, you cannot nominate the faculty member for additional International Education Awards (Georgia State University Sheth International Alumni Award for Exceptional Achievement, Georgia State University Faculty Award for Global Engagement, etc.).
- Example #2: A single faculty member can be nominated for multiple International Education Awards as long as he or she is nominated by different individuals for each award.
The award recipient will receive:
- A Georgia State University Sheth Distinguished Faculty Award for International Achievement
- $1,000 to be used for academic research or travel.
Please email [email protected] if you have questions or challenges with your submission. Use “Sheth Distinguished Faculty Award for International Achievement” as the subject headline.
All 2023 International Education Award recipients will be honored at the invitation-only International Honorary Reception in November at Georgia State University.
Biography of Dr. Jagdish Sheth
Professor Jagdish Sheth is the Charles H. Kellstadt Professor of Marketing at Emory University Goizueta Business School.
Professor Sheth’s accolades include “Outstanding Marketing Educator,” an award presented by the Academy of Marketing Science, and the “Outstanding Educator” award twice-presented by Sales and Marketing Executives International. Professor Sheth is also the recipient of all four top awards given by the American Marketing Association: the Richard D. Irwin Distinguished Marketing Educator Award, the Charles Coolidge Parlin Award, the P.D. Converse Award for outstanding contributions to theory in marketing, and the William Wilkie Award for marketing for a better society.
Professor Sheth is a Distinguished Fellow of the Academy of Marketing Science, Fellow of the American Psychological Association (APA), and a recipient of a Distinguished Fellow award from the International Engineering Consortium. He has authored or coauthored several hundreds of articles and several books including Clients for Life, Tectonic Shift, Firms of Endearment, Chindia Rising, The 4 As of Marketing, Breakout Strategies for Emerging Markets, and most recently, The Sustainability Edge.