Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to common questions about Georgia State’s Summer Sessions.
SUMMER SESSIONS FAQ
Complete the online application for your chosen track using this link: https://international.gsu.edu/apply/
Pay the program fee using this link: https://secure.touchnet.com/C20797_ustores/web/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=1474&SINGLESTORE=true
Important deadlines to be aware of:
- April 15, 2021: Application Deadline
- May 15, 2021: Full Payment Deadline
Here is our refund schedule:
- Before June 1st: Full refund of any money you have paid (MINUS a $200 nonrefundable fee).
- No refunds will be issued after June 1st
Arrangements will be made to pick up and drop off students arriving in cohorts. Individuals can take Uber, Lyft and use MARTA (local transportation to get to housing). More information will be provided closer to your arrival.
Before or after the program dates (July 22 - August 5), you are welcome to travel on your own. Atlanta's airport is a Delta hub, with flights to major cities like Miami, New York City, Washington, D.C., Chicago, and Los Angeles. Please know that if you choose to stay in Atlanta before the program begins or after the program ends, you will have to find your own accommodation, as on-campus housing will not be available after August 5. Should you need assistance with booking airline or bus tickets to other cities, or help with purchasing tickets to other attractions, please let us know. We're happy to help you!
Sure! Please contact the Office of International Initiatives at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about contacting previous students.
Georgia State University has many opportunities for students to obtain their graduate degree. During the Summer Institute, a graduate information session is held. If you are interested in learning more about GSU’s graduate programs, please contact us for more information or click here for the university’s graduate information page.
- Your passport
- Copy of travel insurance
- Credit cards that you plan to use while in the U.S.
- Small gifts or tokens of appreciation for your new Georgia State friends
- An extra suitcase, in case you want to shop a lot. But please take a
look into the luggage policy of your airline. You can also buy one
here from the outlet mall.
- Lightweight shirts, pants, dress or shorts (the weather is hot and
- Lightweight jacket (it could be cold indoors.)
- Towel and washcloth
- Camera and memory card
- Chargers for your electronics (phone, laptop)
- Adaptor (the USA uses 110 volts)
- Toiletries (small size, it is very convenient to buy them here)
- Laptop, iPad
- A notebook, 1 or 2 folders
- Pencils, pens, highlighters
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Medicine or prescriptions that you normally take
- Additional medicine you prefer in case of headache, diarrhea,
- Local snacks or treats from home that might taste good when
you’re feeling homesick (still, you need to double-check your
luggage policy since some food may not be allowed.)
Click here to print this packing list.