Program Details & Deadlines
Join us for a fun, fast-paced, educational opportunity to live and study in the dynamic city of Atlanta and experience engaging cultural activities. Interact with local GSU and international students for language practice, cultural exploration, and friendship! The Summer Institute offers international students a unique opportunity to experience life on an American campus. Applicants must be 17 years of age or older by the program start date.
July 4 – August 4, 2022. Please visit the Application Instructions tab for application deadlines. Note that the following schedule is subject to change.
July 2-3: Early arrival in Atlanta
July 4: Arrival
July 5: ISSS check-in & Campus tour
July 6: Orientation
July 7: Classes begin
July 29: Final exams begin
August 4: Program ends (check-out from University Housing by 12:00pm)
Weekends are free for CityPass excursions, shopping, or travel on your own. Refer to the 2022_SI_Calendar for scheduled events. Please note that the calendar is subject to change.
What Does the Program Fee Include?
The program fee is $5,100 USD, and includes each of the following:
- In-state tuition & fees for 6 credits
- Housing (31 nights) – You may purchases additional nights for arrivals as early as July 2 or July 3.
- Flexible meal plan
- Medical Insurance
- Transportation and excursions
- “Breeze Card” for local transportation
- Transportation to/from the airport (For cohorts only)
- Admission to Atlanta attractions, which may include:
- World of Coca-Cola
- Georgia Aquarium
- CNN Center
- High Museum of Art
- Zoo Atlanta
(Airfare and visa fees are not included)
- Medical insurance: Students must register and pay for medical insurance on their own. Information on how to register for insurance will be sent to accepted students.