Program Details & Deadlines
Join us for a fun, fast-paced, educational opportunity to live and study in the dynamic city of Atlanta and experience engaging cultural activities. Interact with local Georgia State and international students for language practice, cultural exploration, and friendship! The Summer Institute offers international students a unique opportunity to experience life on an American campus. Applicants must be 17 years of age or older by the program start date.
July 1 – August 1, 2024. Please visit the Application Instructions tab for application deadlines. Note that the following schedule is subject to change.
June 29 – 30: Early arrival in Atlanta
July 1: Arrival
July 2: Campus tour & Grocery Shopping
July 3: Orientation
July 5: Classes begin
July 26: Final exams begin
August 1: Program ends (check-out from University Housing by 12:00pm)
Weekends are free for CityPass excursions, shopping, or travel on your own. Refer to the 2024 SI Calendar for scheduled events. Please note that the calendar is subject to change.
What Does the Program Fee Include?
The program fee is $5,300 USD and includes each of the following:
- In-state tuition & fees for 6 credits
- Housing (31 nights) – You may purchase additional nights for arrivals as early as June 28.
- Flexible meal plan
- Medical Insurance
- Transportation and excursions
- “Breeze Card” for local transportation
- Transportation to/from the airport (For cohorts only)
- Admission to Atlanta attractions, which may include:
- World of Coca-Cola
- Georgia Aquarium
- High Museum of Art
- Zoo Atlanta
(Airfare and visa fees are not included)
- Medical insurance: Students must register and pay for medical insurance on their own. Information on how to register for insurance will be sent to accepted students.