Summer Institute (SI) Scholarship
The Summer Institute Scholarship Application is Open.
To assist students in covering the Summer Institute program fee, Georgia State University offers scholarships to eligible applicants. The SI Scholarship prioritizes students who:
- Demonstrate financial need (Important Criteria)
- Have little experience living/travelling abroad
- Show a strong interest in the program
- Clearly articulate a past leadership or learning experience
- $2,000 to six (6) students
- $1,000 to five (5) students
- $500 to four (4) students
March 30: The deadline for submitting the scholarship form for the 2020 program. Your completed application will then be reviewed by multiple raters to determine your eligibility. All scholarship applicants must first apply to the Summer Institute
Second week in April: Scholarship recipients will be announced
Scholarship recipients must pay the non-refundable deposit within one week of accepting the scholarship, if they have not already.
Terms and Conditions
- Scholarship recipient will submit a short essay or a video describing the personal impact of this scholarship on their life.
- Scholarship recipient will submit five (5) to ten (10) social media postings during the program (in accordance with GSU’s social media guidelines).
- Scholarship recipient will be given a short video interview at the end of the program.
- Scholarship recipient will be tasked with assisting Global Ambassadors in taking leadership roles designed to increase student participation in activities.
- Students must agree to complete required services. Failure to complete required services before the end of the program will result in a hold on their student account to transfer the earned credits. Please check the Service Requirements box in the application to acknowledge that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions.
- The University has the permission to reproduce and use for educational or promotional purposes any and all photographs, videos, movies, or sound recordings taken of the scholarship recipient during participation in the Program.
- If you are coming as a group, please speak to your home institution about scholarship eligibility before applying.
The Application Now Open! Click Here to Apply